Coming soon: Subject to Clover testing & approval.
We hope Clover will test & approve this app for USA, Canada, UK & Ireland in April 2020.
Payment-Debit-Invoice App (PDI for short) allows Clover orders to be put 'on account' for regular customers.
- 'On tab' to be paid later.
The App includes a fully integrated Accounts Receivable (A-R) online Web-app.
- Can generate PDF Invoices & Statements.
- Customer portal to view their own account history & to pay balance online.
- You will not need an external A-R package.
All customer orders & payments can be processed using the PDI app on Clover Station, Mini & Flex:
These transactions are automatically saved into the A-R web-app account balances.
Credit. Can process payments via PDI app on Clover device:
- Take a deposit or advance payment.
- Take partial or full payment of account balance.
- Customer accounts receivable (A-R) balance is immediately & automatically updated.
Debit. Can process orders for goods-services & mark them as either a 'Debit' or for 'Invoice'
'Debit' Orders. Amount is immediately added to account balance.
Invoiceable Orders will be added later that week or month into a PDF invoice.
- For end-customers who need line item order details listed on PDF invoice doc,
- Choose to assign orders as 'Invoice'.
- Below & on FAQs, we explain how to generate PDF invoices.
Click on Video link below to see 'Debit' & 'Payment' orders being added to Customer Account Balance:
To open this Video on a separate page, please copy and paste this [ https://retailcp.ie/pdi.mp4 ]
Answers to frequently asked questions (FAQs). Click on [ ? ] top right corner of this page:
Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org with any new questions.
For regular 'on account' customers, where Clover merchants allow payment at a later date, 'on tab',
we recommend to start those orders by opening the Payments-Debits-Invoices app on On Clover station or Flex:
- ( I.e. Do not to start with Register. Start with PDI app)
Start by searching for an existing customer, or 'Create a new Customer' via the App:
Click on [ Select ] to view Tom Wates account balance as below:
Account balance ( € 212.27) is always up-to-date with Debits & Payments.
Three ‘action’ buttons: Debit, Payment & Orders, as above:
- To start a new Order, click on ‘Debit’ button.
- App will redirect to Clover Register: Enter items as standard for Register, as below:
To start a new Clover order, select 'Debit' button above,
App will re-direct to Clover register screen.
Enter order details for goods-services as normal.
When order above is completed and [Pay] button is selected,
Clover screen returns user to our app (automatically):
Clover staff will confirm with end-customer whether to mark order as either a 'Debit' or for 'Invoice':
- Order assigned as ‘Debit’ below,
- will increase the end-customer web-app balance from 212.26 to 227.87:
- Amount is added to customer A-R balance immediately.
- ( € 212.27 + € 15.60 = € 227.87 )
To process a payment on Clover station using the App:
- Select 'Payment' button. (above screen)
- App displays the balance amount.
- Customer advises either pay partial or full amount.
- Enter € 100 above.
- Choose payment method: 'Cash', 'Card' or 'Check' (Cheque)
- Here 'Cash' was selected. App creates that payment on Clover register.
Below, a Card payment:
- When 'Card' is selected, user is re-directed to standard secure Clover register payment screen:
- Below we pay € 50 to reduce the balance amount:
- After successful card payment,
- customer account balance below is automatically updated:
Payment-Debit-Invoice App (PDI) includes a Customer Online Portal:
Clover merchants can each 'invite' their end-customers to set-up an account on the portal.
- End-customer can view past transactions & stored PDF Invoice docs & up-to-date account balance amount.
- They can choose to pay full balance amount or make a part payment.
- These online payments are processed securely via First Data Clover (FISERV) payment gateway.
To get started & to install the PDI App on Clover device:
Sign up on Clover App Market.
The Payment-Debit-Invoice (PDI) App will show on Clover station or Flex:
Select & open app-icon on Clover device:
Search existing customer or create-add a new customer.
Add-create a new customer using PDI App on Clover station:
To process Orders as 'Invoiceable' & later generate an Invoice:
- see FAQ no 4 for detailed notes on how to generate PDF Invoices
Orders for goods-services can be marked as either 'Debit' or for 'Invoice',
on the PDI App on Clover station:
Orders marked for 'Invoice' will be available on the Web-app as 'Invoiceable',
so that they can be included in a PDF Invoice doc.
'Invoiceable' orders are not yet 'Debits' on customer account.
- They need to be included in an invoice.
- The invoice total will show as one 'Debit' transaction on Web-app account.
For orders marked as 'Debit':
The Clover order amount is immediately 'debited' against customer's web-app account.
Web-app (A-R) Accounts Receivable is fully integrated with Clover 'on account' PDI orders:
- Clover station Payments & Debit-Invoice orders are automatically saved to Web-app customer account.
- Saves time. No double entries. Very accurate.
Those Debit & Payment transactions are automatically available on Accounts Receivable (A-R) Web-app:
- The web-app automatically creates A-R accounts for any 'regular' or new customer,
- when a Debit or Payment order is first assigned to that customer.
- Clover merchants do not need to do any special tasks.
- A-R web-app works automatically in the background.
Using the online A-R Web-app, Clover merchants can generate PDF Invoices & Statements.
- One off invoices are generated immediately on request.
- To generate Invoices for all customers, merchants set-up the web-app schedule dates:
- Following that initial set-up, in future, Invoices are created automatically:
- Daily, Weekly, 2-weekly, Monthly of specific dates each month, as each Clover merchant chooses.
Customer portal allows end-customer view their transactions history & PDF Invoices & Statements by month.
And can pay balance online. See FAQ no '6' for step-by-step screen views:
Can immediately generate a customer account Statement showing 'Debits, 'Payments' & 'Balance':
Statement will include all Payments & Debit transactions during the month selected:
- Can select the month for a Statement (month just gone or some previous month)
Can select 'Quick Statement' to be immediately generated in PDF or XLS format for one customer:
Below you can select a quick report to see all customers account balances:
Either on XLS or PDF:
Below is an XLS list for ALL Customers balances:
See above that Web-app list will include 'Business name' (Spring Restaurant),
if that was entered on Clover end-customer record.
Goods & services businesses whose customers need detailed PDF invoice doc:
- On PDI online web-app, you can generate a PDF invoice at end week, or 2-weeks, or monthly.
- with inventory line item, qty & price from 'on Tab' orders:
- For those customers, mark paid order as 'Invoiceable'
- If customers need balance on account to always be up-to-date,
- then on Clover device PDI app, mark order as 'Debit'.
Example: For a customer with an existing 'Debit' balance on account,
- When next order is put on tab as a 'Debit'
- PDI App instantly updates customer's A-R balance to include that Debit order amount.
- i.e. Clover PDI Debit orders are updated in real-time on A-R on web-app.
- (Works for a customer in store,
- or a Delivery driver with a Clover Flex, or service contractor with a Flex).
- Take payment on Clover device PDI app.
- Select PDI app [Pay Balance] button to take a payment for new updated balance.
- App allows choice of Cash, Check or Card
- PDI App on Clover device instantly updates Web-app customer account balance
Coffee shops at work locations, hospitals, offices, factories:
- where regular daily customers prefer not to use card for every purchase:
- Each purchase is processed very fast.
- Simply click on 'Pay' & mark order as a 'Debit'.
- Can process customer advance payment-deposit, or 'Partial payment' or 'Pay full balance'.
- Account balance is always up-to-date (Debits, minus Payments = Account balance).
Events for association members who pay at the end of 2-3-or 4 days for goods or services:
- Events where visitors-clients pay registration fee & put items & meals on tab.
- At end of 2-3-or-4 day event, customers can pay balance via PDI at Clover device or via online customer portal.
New customer projects, which require a deposit when ordering goods or services:
- Projects such as 'Weddings', 'Wedding dress', 'Custom furniture', 'Jewellery', 'Dental treatment',
- Home & office maintenance services (Plumbing, Electrical, Repairs, Decorating)
- whose customers pay an advance deposit & make 'partial payments'
- Who will 'pay balance' at end of project.
Please email to email@example.com with any questions which are not explained in the FAQ section.
If you wish to receive a call back, please include your phone or cell no. Thank you.