Restaurant Live Orders Display
Kitchen display can only be an Android Tablet.
You open Firefox browser on Tablet & open this page to download the Display Apk.
Install & Open it and read FAQ no 2 to see user notes to show how to connect display Tablet to Clover Orders.
- See notes below on Samsung Tab-A Tablet and option to also share Tablet screen with a Samsung large TV.
Kitchen staff use 'Open' orders ( they are working on) & mark orders as 'DONE' when completed.
'Front counter' staff can view 'Completed' Orders to see what items are now prepared & ready for customers.
'New 'SUMMARY Totals' feature':
Display app has been updated Monday 14th October 2019 with new SUMMARY feature.
This is a Kitchen reconciliation report showing total Quantity of items ( i.e. Qty (5) Apple Crumble)
The SUMMARY shows Totals by Open Items for selected Display Tablet Preparation Area.
Click [ ->] arrow to view a short video of Tablet in use at a kitchen.
- If your Tablet does not show 'Summary' button
- then un-install existing Apk from Tablet (Settings; Apps; Restaurant Live; Uninstall)
- then download & install above new Apk to Tablet.
Oct 5th 2019, we have re-enabled the Qty-sort feature.
To use new Qty feature, un-install existing 'Restaurant Live Orders' app from your kitchen Android display tablet,
and download above APK from this page (using Firefox browser preferably on Android Tablet).
The tablet settings page allows you to switch [Qty Sort] On or Off.
We recommend the Samsung Tab-A 10-inch Android Tablet.
You download above APK (application program) onto the tablet
and follow screens to 'Install' 'Open' & 'Connect to Clover station Server'
If you also need kitchen staff to see Orders on a large wall-mounted TV screen,
then purchase a Samsung HD Smart TV any size, even 60-inches,
inaddition to buying the Samsung Tab-A 10-inch Android Tablet.
Use Samsung 'Smart Connect' free s-w to connect Samsung Android Tablet to Samsung large smart TV.
- Kitchen staff press 'DONE' button on Tablet: -> Order moves off the 'Open' view on Tablet & on TV.
- Whatever order details are on kitchen display 10.1-inch Tablet, same will show on TV screen.
See FAQs (top right) explaining how to install & use the app:
Note.1. To Clover Canada merchants. Welcome.
- Register Lite is the merchant plan currently available in Canada.
- That does not enable 'Order Types' (Dine-in, Delivery etc)
- When you have signed up on Clover flex or Station for our app
- And when you have 'connected' Android kitchen display Tablet to Clover Orders
- See the FAQ no 3 user notes explaining Tablet display application settings
- Do not select 'SYNC OrderTypes', because Register Lite does not show Order Types.
- Only select [ SYNC Labels ] & [ SYNC Inventory ]
- We can expect Clover Canada to advise you in 2020, when they will enable full Register version.
Note.2. To Clover USA merchants
- When our app is installed on Clover device & also on display Tablet,
- and Tablet is 'Connected' to Clover Master (IP address etc)
- then on 'Settings' on our app on the Tablet,
- please select all 3 SYNC buttons: [ SYNC Labels ] & [ SYNC Inventory ] & 'SYNC OrderTypes',
- Only then will new order details show on tablets
- The display Tablet app is downloaded from this page
- The Clover station, Mini & Flex install automatically after you sign up on Clover AppMarket
- Re-boot Clover devices after signing up to get the 'auto-install' after first sign-up.
Any questions. Please email to email@example.com
Open Order line items show instantly on display Tablets:
- Tablet receives order info on local direct WiFi link from Clover station
Clover station sends order details direct to display Tablets using local WiFi.
The WiFi signal from local router is what connects Tablets to Clover station.
See the reply to FAQ no '9' "How to extend WiFi signal into kitchen for display Tablet".
Display app does not need Internet connecton to get orders via the from Clover.com,
because the orders are 'pushed' via local WiFi signal to the display Tablets.
The 'Restaurant Live Orders' display Tablet app filters line items to display on different 'preparation area' Tablets:
Such as 'Barista' or 'Hot Drinks', 'Hot Food' or 'Mains', 'Pizza oven', 'Salad Bar' etc
- App uses Clover standard Inventory Label-IDs
- You use Clover Inventory to create Labels, which are the names for each 'prep area'.
Open orders view is selected on Tablet app list of preparation areas:
Kitchen staff select preparation area, 'Drinks' or 'Mains' or 'Pizzas' or 'Salads' to view items ordered for that area.
To see all items ordered, set display Tablet to 'Kitchen ALL'.
Kitchen staff mark order lines or full order as [Done] to move lines-orders off the [OPEN] view.
Below, Open orders view is set for 'Drinks' preparation area:
Different Colour backgrounds can be set for each 'Order type': "Drive-Thru" "Walk-up" "Sit-in Dine-In" "Delivery"
Below is the 'Completed items' view for 'Drinks' preparation area:
Customer names & notes typed on Clover register are displayed in 'Order-title'.
See FAQ no [ 4 ] ref 'How to enter Text in place of order no (1 to 99).
Order title examples below ( Hilary 3 pm) was typed by Clover cashier when order was 'Saved'
Line items & full orders can be removed from view by clicking 'Delivered' botton.
Completed items below for 'Mains' preparation area:
Customers names-details on top-line, Order title:
Note to existing users. Clover station apk was updated October 5th 2019.
- All users, new & existing, must download the display APK version available above from this support site.
- Click on "APK Download"
To download & install App onto the Android display Tablets,
they will need Interent access. to open Tablet browser on this support page & select 'APK Download'.
Or, can also use a Laptop-PC to open this support page & download-save APK to a folder on PC-Laptop
( i.e. folder named 'display Apk files')
- Can connect each Android display Tablet to Laptop-PC using Tablet USB charging cable.
- Use Laptop-PC 'Explorer' to copy APK and save it into Tablet 'Download' folder.
- On Tablet, open 'My Files', click to install APK 'Restaurant display APK'. & 'Open' it
1. Display Tablet app provides choices of 4, 5, 8, or 10 Orders per page-screen view.
Below setting is ( 10-Orders ) per view:
Below we set Tablet hardware Font size set to 'smallest':
Below page with ten orders per view is on a Samsung Tab-A 10-inch Android Tablet.
The table hardware Font size was set to 'smallest':
Must only use an Android Tablet with O.S. 4.4 or better for kitchen & Barista order displays.
Any Tablet smaller that ten-inches will not be practical to view 8 or 10 orders per sceen. Too small to read easily.
If kitchen user wishes to see orders details enlarged, just tap midde of order details to get a pop-up screen.
See screen picture below with 10 orders on one view. This is from a Samsung ten-inch Tab-A Tablet.
2. Can choose different Colors for background on each 'Order Type'
- Use Clover 'Set-up' to create Order types (Dine-In ; Drive-Thru ; Take-away Walk-up ; Delivery etc).
- On Clover station 'Restaurant Live Orders APK' Select [ Order Types ]
- App screen opens & shows message: "Order Types synced successfully"
- Select 'OK'. Screen shows the Order Types from your Clover account.
- Select colours on right of each Order Type.
- When finished, select return <- arrow top-left.
Different Colour backgrounds can be set for each 'Order type':
"Drive-Thru" "Walk-up" "Sit-in Dine-In" "Delivery"
3. Above shows 4-Orders per view, where Tablet hardware Font size is medium-to-large.
- The view was set to 4-orders per page
- If orders at lunch time have more items per order, can set to view 4 or 5 orders per page
- Can scroll to right to see more new orders.
4. Can display 'Custom & Standard Modifiers'.
- See above “Coconut flakes”. This was typed manually while entering order.
- The other modifiers ("1/2 shot Espresso" "1 shot Espresso") are Standard & were created in Clover Inventory.
- Standard modifiers are more accurate & save time by not requiring typing while taking orders.
5. Can save customer name as Order-title:
Can replace order no (1-99) with text on top line “Blue Pick up”, or “Tom Gina” etc were typed after ‘Saved’ Register order:
On Clover Set-up, click “Manually enter order text-no” instead on 1-99 Order Recurring.
Then Clover Register will ask for typed order text-no when order is marked 'Save' or 'Pay'.
6. The app filters line items to display on different 'preparation area' Tablets: 'Barista', 'Hot Food', 'Pizza oven':
- Use Clover Inventory to 'Add Label-ID'
- Allocate all coffee-tea items to 'Hot Drinks' Label
- Allocate all Pizza inventory items to 'Pizza Oven' Label
Kitchen staff use Tablet app settings to choose which preparation area to specify:
- Select from drop-down list based in your own Labels,
- Example: Cold food; Desserts ; Drinks ; Mains ; Starters, etc
Kitchen display Tablet app settings page, choose (A) or (B) above:
(A) when you only wish to see 'Open' orders
(B) when you need to have options to show either 'Open' orders or 'Completed' views.
7. Clover station-device sends orders direct to display Tablets, using local WiFi network (LAN)
- Display Tablets receive the orders direct & immediately from local Clover station,
- Kitchen Display Tablet does not use an Internet connection to get order details.
- The benefits are that display app is very fast & reliable.
- Orders show instantly after entry on Clover.
8. Who is App designed for ? It is perfect for:
- Café-diner / Coffee shops which need separate displays for Coffees & Hot food
- Food trucks which have no Internet access
- Offline Clover station can send orders to locally connected display tablets.
9. The app replaces the need for kitchen printers & saves the costs of printer ribbon ink & paper.
- On Kitchen printers, an updated order needs to be re-printed,
- Wasts paper & time to re-read updated paper order.
- On display tablets, the order details are updated instantly,
- Faster, clear, up-to-date information to kitchen.
- Restaurant Live Orders Display app saves time, paper & money.
10. Restaurant Live Orders Display app features include:
- Shows Clover Order type (Dine-In, Take-away, Delivery)
- Highlights standard modifiers in Red font
- (+ New line for each Modifier)
- Action 'Done' button on each line item & on overall order.
- [ Done ] button top right of each order to mark all lines 'Completed'
- For App Settings option (B), can toggle between 'Open' & 'Completed' views.
New feature now available since Monday 14th October 2019.
SUMMARY page on display Tablet app, showing Total quantity by each open item.
To show kitchen the totals added from all orders. See FAQ no 10 for details.