'Restaurant Live Orders' display app will filter line items for Drinks or Food preparation areas.
Update news Monday July 6th. Merchants. Please install new display app version 1.25
Above [APK Download] version 1.25 Display tablet app has improved overall 'DONE' button handling for Quantity Sort.
This version replaces recent July 2nd 2020 version 1.24 app.
Both 1.25 & previous 1.24 versions Display Tablet App will stay connected to Clover station longer,
when there are no new orders during 30 to 50 minutes of in-activity.
Existing Clover users. Please uninstall app from Android display tablets.
To install new version 1.25, see FAQs 1, 2 & 3:
Open this webpage with Tablet Firefox browser & click on [Apk Download] above
'Install', 'Open'. Use app settings (3-dots top right). LAN => Connect to server.
Settings. Select three 'Sync buttons'. (Must get confirmation 'Synched OK')
'Restaurant Live Orders' display app main feature:
Display Tablets will filter line items to show only in selected preparation areas:
Only show Drinks for 'Barista' display tablet & only food for 'Hot Food' kitchen display tablet.
Each display tablet can filter line items based on Clover Label-ID for each 'preparation area' :
'Barista' or 'Hot Drinks', 'Hot Food' or 'Mains', 'Pizza oven', 'Salad Bar', etc preparation areas:
Need to create a Clover Inventory Label-ID for each Preparation area.
Associate 'Hot Food' Label-ID to items prepared in kitchen.
Associate 'Pizza Oven' Label-ID to pizza line items.
Associate 'Barista'Label-ID to hot drinks items: Coffee, Tea, Cappuccino etc.
Display in kitchen can only be an Android Tablet.
App will work with Android Tablet operating systems (OS) from 4.0 to 10.
Using browser of Android Tablet, follow screens to 'Install' 'Open' & 'Connect to App IP Address from Clover Master Server'
User install notes are below and on FAQ notes. (See top right. Select [?] above 'Support & FAQs)
Ref which Android tablets to purchase: Merchants may purchase any Android Tablet size 10-inches or larger.
ELO Android Tablets.
Some USA Clover merchants have advised these are good value for large sized Tablets
I-Series 2.0 for Android 15.6-inch AiO Touchscreen
I-Series 2.0 for Android 22-inch AiO Touchscreen
The Samsung Tab-A 10-inch Android Tablet is very reliable:
If you also need kitchen staff to see Orders on a large wall-mounted TV screen,
can purchase a Samsung Tab-A 10-inch Android Tablet & Samsung HD Smart TV any size.
Use Samsung 'Smart Connect' free s-w to connect Samsung Android Tablet to Samsung large smart TV.
Whatever order details are displayed on Samsung 10.1-inch Tablet, the same details show on Samsung TV screen.
Google "Samsung screen sharing" to learn how to mirror screen from Samsung Tab-A onto large Samsung Smart TV
Getting started with 'Restaurant Live Orders' display
The Clover station, Mini & Flex devices automatically install their app after you sign up on Clover AppMarket.
Re-boot Clover devices after signing up to get the 'auto-install' after first sign-up.
Note: You cannot use "Clover Go" to collect Clover orders to display with this app.
The Clover Go device does not have the capability to install the Restaurant Live Orders Clover station App.
The Clover Flex will work.
Display can only be an Android Tablet.
The display app is downloaded from this page onto each Android Tablet.
Please try to use Firefox browser on Tablet to open this page to download the Display Apk.
Install & Open it and read FAQ no 2 to see user notes to show how to connect display Tablet to Clover Master (IP address etc).
See notes below on Samsung Tab-A Tablet and option to also share Tablet screen with a Samsung large TV.
Each display Tablet has three 'view' choices: [ Summary ] [ Open ] [ Completed ]
Kitchen & Bar staff use 'Open' view to see new Clover line items-orders.
- Kitchen staff or Baristas mark orders-line items as 'DONE' when completed.
Front counter (collection area) staff use 'Completed' view.
- They see the items which have been prepared & ready for customers.
Kitchen or Bar preparation areas: Select 'Open orders' view on Tablet app.
Select the preparation area from the drop-down 'Label-ID list:
Select 'Drinks' or 'Mains' or 'Pizzas' or 'Salads' to view items ordered for that preparation area.
To see all items ordered, set display Tablet to 'Kitchen ALL'.
When Kitchen staff mark orders-line items as [Done], these move off the [OPEN] view,
and immediately can be seen under 'Completed' view.
Below, Open orders view is set for 'Drinks' preparation area:
Different Colour backgrounds can be set for each 'Order type':
- "Drive-Thru" "Walk-up" "Sit-in Dine-In" "Delivery"
- see FAQ no 1, to SYNC Order-Types on Clover station & select Color for each Order Type
- (Order Types are not available on Register Lite)
Below is the 'Completed items' view for 'Drinks' items per order:
See FAQ no [ 4 ] ref 'How to enter Text instead of order no (1 to 99)'.
Order title examples below ( Hilary 3 pm) was typed by Clover cashier when order was 'Saved'.
Customer names & notes typed on Clover register are displayed in 'Order-title'.
Completed items below for 'Mains' items, per order:
Line items or full orders can be removed from 'Completed view' by clicking 'Delivered' botton.
'SUMMARY Totals' Kitchen Reconciliation list:
This is a Kitchen reconciliation report showing total Quantity of items ( i.e. Qty (5) Apple Crumble)
The SUMMARY shows Totals by Open Items for selected Display Tablet Preparation Area.
Click [ ->] arrow to view a short video of Tablet in use at a kitchen.
- If your Tablet Apk does not show 'Summary' button
- then un-install existing Apk from Tablet (Settings; Apps; Restaurant Live; Uninstall)
- then download & install above new Apk to Tablet.
Note 1. Must select 3 'Settings buttons: [ SYNC Labels ] ; [ SYNC Inventory ] ; 'SYNC OrderTypes',
- When our app is installed on Clover device these is an 'Sync Orders Type' set-up button
- Following that, on display Tablet app 'Settings'
- Must select (click on) all 3 SYNC buttons: [ SYNC Labels ], [ SYNC Inventory ], 'SYNC OrderTypes',
- Only then will new order details show on Tablets.
Note 2. To Clover users of Register Lite ( No Order Types are available)
- Register Lite does not enable 'Order Types' (Dine-in, Delivery etc)
- Do not select 'SYNC OrderTypes', because Register Lite does not show 'Order Types'.
- Only select [ SYNC Labels ] & [ SYNC Inventory ]
See FAQs (top right) explaining how to install & use the app:
Any questions. Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org
New Order line items entered on Clover devices, will show instantly on Android display Tablets:
- Tablet receives orders from Clover station,
- using the local direct WiFi link from the same router which the Clover station is connected to.
- See the reply to FAQ no '9' "How to extend WiFi signal into kitchen for display Tablet".
Display app does not need Internet connecton to get orders via the from Clover.com,
- because the orders are 'pushed' via local WiFi signal to the display Tablets.
If you installed display app onto Android display Tablets before 5th October 2019, please replace display app with above 'APK Download'.
- All users, new & existing, must download the display APK version available above from this support site.
- Click on "APK Download"
To download & install App onto the Android display Tablets,
they will need Interent access. Then open Tablet browser on this support page & select 'APK Download'.
Another way is to use a Laptop-PC to open this support page & download & Save 'Display Apk file' to a folder on PC-Laptop
( i.e. create a 'New Folder& & maybe name it 'Display Apk files')
- Can connect each Android display Tablet to Laptop-PC using Tablet USB charging cable.
- Use Laptop-PC 'Explorer' to copy APK and save it into Tablet 'Download' folder.
- On Tablet, open 'My Files', click to install APK 'Restaurant display APK' & 'Open' it
User install notes:
1. Display Tablet app provides choices of 4, 5, 8, or 10 Orders per page-screen view.
Below setting is ( 10-Orders ) per view:
Below we set Tablet hardware Font size set to 'smallest':
Below page with ten orders per view is on a Samsung Tab-A 10-inch Android Tablet.
The table hardware Font size was set to 'smallest':
Must only use an Android Tablet with O.S. 4.4 or better for order displays.
Any Tablet smaller that ten-inches will not be practical to view 8 or 10 orders per sceen. Too small to read easily.
If kitchen user wishes to see orders details enlarged, just tap midde of order details to get a pop-up screen.
See screen picture below with 10 orders on one view. This is from a Samsung ten-inch Tab-A Tablet.
2. Can choose different Colors for background on each 'Order Type'
- Use Clover 'Set-up' to create Order types (Dine-In ; Drive-Thru ; Take-away Walk-up ; Delivery etc).
- On Clover station 'Restaurant Live Orders APK' Select [ Order Types ]
- App screen opens & shows message: "Order Types synced successfully"
- Select 'OK'. Screen shows the Order Types from your Clover account.
- Select colours on right of each Order Type.
- When finished, select return <- arrow top-left.
Different Colour backgrounds can be set for each 'Order type':
"Drive-Thru" "Walk-up" "Sit-in Dine-In" "Delivery"
3. Above shows 4-Orders per view, where Tablet hardware Font size is medium-to-large.
- The view was set to 4-orders per page
- If orders at lunch time have more items per order, can set to view 4 or 5 orders per page
- Can scroll to right to see all new 'Open' orders.
4. Can display 'Custom & Standard Modifiers'.
- See above “Coconut flakes”. This was typed manually while entering order.
- The other modifiers ("1/2 shot Espresso" "1 shot Espresso") are Standard & were created in Clover Inventory.
- Standard modifiers are more accurate & save time by not requiring typing while taking orders.
5. Can save customer name as Order-title:
Can replace order no (1-99) with text on top line “Blue Pick up”, or “Tom Gina” etc were typed after ‘Saved’ Register order:
On Clover Set-up, click “Manually enter order text-no” instead on 1-99 Order Recurring.
Then Clover Register will ask for typed order text-no when order is marked 'Save' or 'Pay'.
6. The app filters line items to display on different 'preparation area' Tablets: 'Barista', 'Hot Food', 'Pizza oven':
- Use Clover Inventory to 'Add Label-ID'
- Allocate all coffee-tea items to 'Hot Drinks' Label
- Allocate all Pizza inventory items to 'Pizza Oven' Label
Kitchen staff use Tablet app settings to choose which preparation area to specify:
- Select from drop-down list based in your own Labels,
- Example: Cold food; Desserts ; Drinks ; Mains ; Starters, etc
Kitchen display Tablet app settings page, choose (A) or (B) above:
(A) when you only wish to see 'Open' orders
(B) when you need to have options to show either 'Open' orders or 'Completed' views.
7. Clover station-device sends orders direct to display Tablets, using local WiFi network (LAN)
- Display Tablets receive the orders direct & immediately from local Clover station,
- Kitchen Display Tablet does not use an Internet connection to get order details.
- The benefits are that display app is very fast & reliable.
- Orders show instantly after entry on Clover.
8. Who is App designed for ? It is perfect for:
- Café-diner / Coffee shops which need separate displays for Coffees & Hot food
- Food trucks which have no Internet access
- Offline Clover station or Flex can send orders to locally connected display tablets.
9. The app replaces the need for kitchen printers & saves the costs of printer ribbon ink & paper.
- On Kitchen printers, an updated order needs to be re-printed,
- Wasts paper & time to re-read updated paper order.
- On display tablets, the order details are updated instantly,
- Faster, clear, up-to-date information to kitchen.
- Restaurant Live Orders Display app saves time, paper & money.
10. Restaurant Live Orders Display app features include:
- Shows Clover Order type (Dine-In, Take-away, Delivery)
- Highlights standard modifiers in Red font
- (+ New line for each Modifier)
- Action 'Done' button on each line item & on overall order.
- [ Done ] button top right of each order to mark all lines 'Completed'
- For App Settings option (B), can toggle between 'Open' & 'Completed' views.