The 'Charge-to-Invoice' App is suitable for any business that puts customers orders on 'tab',
- App allows you to 'Charge orders' on Clover station-devices as paid by tender type 'Charge-to-Invoice'
- Later that day, end-week, mid-month or end month, at the date you prefer,
- This app allows you generate PDF Invoices for 'Charged Orders' by date range.
Note: Accounts Receivable subscription ( Accs-R ):
- You need to sign-up for one of the "Accs-R" subscriptions to be able to:
(a) Process payments manually via Web-app & to generate Statements.
(b) To allow end-customers pay online. These payments are allocated to web-app account.
List of FAQ (Answers to frequently asked questions):
- See the 'Support & FAQ' pages, top right of page.
- They explain how to install Clover station app & set-up Customers on the Web-app.
- How to put a Clover order 'on account'
- Features on Web-app Accounts Receivable system.
When you have questions, please first read the user notes under FAQs [top right '?' FAQs]
Otherwise, please email to email@example.com. Many thanks
Clover 'Charged orders' are fully integrated with the Accounts Receivable Web-app:
When you sign up for one of the Accs-R subscriptions, you get the web-app integrated Accounts Receivable system,
which allows you enter Payments & to generate Statemens & Aged Balances reports.
Web-app can 'optionally' send Invoice & Statement PDF docs by email.
- Each merchant can decide whether to send PDFs by email, or not.
- Your Clover customers can have more than one email address.
- App sends PDF Invoices and Statements to each email address on end-customers account.
(Above PDF Invoice shows that Qty  times 'same item' uses only one Invoice line,
because Clover Item had been set-p with 'Per unit' pricing.)
PDF Invoices include all details from 'Charge-Invoice' orders:
- Qty by Units ( 10 Lbs weight)
- Items can have Custom modifiers, to add more detail
- Standard modifier & price will show on separate line, following main Item.
- Line item discounts
- Overall order discounts
- Line & Payment Refunds
- Service charges.
Customers can 'Pay Online' with Card OnFile
- The cover emails which send out PDF Invoices & Statements include a 'Pay Online' URL
- End-customers who wish to pay you online by card, can select the [Pay Online] URL
- This re-directs the customer to the secure Clover / First Data payment gateway
Customer Data Protection Compliance
- The first time each customer uses the 'Pay Online' service,
- they can choose to either "Save card details on file on web-app",
- or they leave [ ] 'Save my Card' un-checked, so that details are not saved.
- The only details app save will be 1st 6-digits & last 4-digits of card.
- In future, every time that customer makes an online payment, they can choose:
- to 'no longer have card details saved on file'
- Or to change their card details, & Save or not save.
When card details are saved on file,
- the next payment will be enabled without re-entering card details:
Automatic integration of Clover 'charged' orders into the Invoicing system:
( 1 ) Charge-to-Invoice Clover station App & Web-app App:
- Can assign Clover order as paid by tender type ‘Charge-To-Invoice' for regular 'Activated' customers.
- Can generate PDF invoices for 'charged' orders, for whatever period is required:
- Weekly, every two weeks or monthly.
- Alternatively an invoice can be generated for one specific order.
If you include Subscription for Accs-R, you get the integrated Accounts Receivable features:
( 2 ) Accounts Receivable & A-R Statements Web-App additional subscriptions with Charge-to-Invoice app
- Can process payments on Web-app (on any PC, Laptop anywhere with Internet access)
- Payments can be allocated to the oldest invoice or specific invoices can be selected to pay against.
- Can generate reports on Order status, Invoice lists & Aged-balance XLS reports.
- Can generate PDF Statements for whatever date range is required, for one or 'All' activated customers
( 3 ) Subscriptions based on Qty Invoice lines per month, & whether you include A-R Statements (Accounts Receivable) features:
- There are (7) "Invoicing-only" subscription levels based on quantity of invoice lines generated each calendar month.
- ( 7 ) "Accs-R & Invoicing" subscription levels that include Accounts Receivable & Statements, in addition to PDF Invoicing'.
Charge-Invoice Web-app 'Invoicing-only' subscriptions. Can generate PDF invoices:
- You can generate PDF Invoice for orders marked paid by 'charge-to-invoice'.
- App will not include any orders that have already been invoiced.
- You can invoice 'All Activated Customers' by date range
- Can invoice one customer, by date range & or by order number.
A-R (Accounts Receivable) subscriptions enable Statements & payments:
- Can process payments on Web-app & allocate payments against outstanding invoice balances.
- Can generate PDF Statements & Aged-balance XLS reports.
- This web-app will replace the need for an external A-R accounts package .
- ( Accs-R Invoice 3000 ), can process up to 3,000 Invoice lines per month
- Each line represents an order line item from a Charge-to-Invoice Clover order.
For Detailed instructions on installing the Charge-to-Invoice application please see the Installation FAQ.
( 4 ) Charge-to-Invoice App works with 'Activated' customers:
- You should only import the 'Charge' customers from Clover dashboard account into Web-app.
- see detailed user notes on FAQ no 9.
- The 'Sync New' button imports & 'activates' any new customers created or modified in previous 3 days (72 hours).
- Web-app does not duplicate same 'First Name' 'Last Name' if they are already in web-app and have same email & Tel no.
- Can select 'Activate all' if most are regular customers who will 'Charge' their orders (for later invoicing)
- if you have imported & activated too many customers into web-app & need to reduce those to a small list who 'charge' their orders,
- Can 'Disable all' and use [ Edit ] on each 'Charge' customer to mark the those [Is Active].
Update May 15th 2019. It is no longer necessary to mark customer as taxable or non-taxable:
- If there are no taxes on your Clover Charged Order receipts,
- There will be no tax on Invoice that includes that receipt.
( 5 ) Payment On Account app.
If you have signed up for an Accs-R (Accounts Receivable) subscription on Charge to Invoice,
only then will you be able to install & use Payment On Account app on each Clover station.
Then you can take payments on Clover station 'Register', select 'Pay' & select tender type (pay-On-Account)
Then allocate payments against outstanding invoice balances on the Charge-to-Invoice Accounts Receivable.
App benefits: Clover station app & web-app are integrated.
So that 'Charged' orders are automatically available to online accounts receivable web-app.
- Using our integrated apps, all customer transactions are handled in one place, around Clover.
- Web-app accounts-receivable has automatically saved details from 'Charge-to-Invoice' orders.
- No orders are duplicated, and none are forgotten when PDF invoices are generated.
- Invoice PDF generation is simple, easy & fast.
- When payments are processed via our apps,
- Up-to-date Statements & Aged Balance XLS reports are available.
Note: If you need to import existing Customers details from previous POS system, using an Excel (Xls) spreadsheet:
- Please consider RetailCP's XLS Customer Uploader web-app
- See details & screen views: https://retailcp.ie/uploader
Please email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.