Merchants can choose either APK2 [use Download2] or APK1 [use Download1]
See notes below explaining difference between two versions:
- APK1 shows Order Types [ such as SitIn, Delivery, Take-Away]
You must use an Android Tablet as your kitchen orders display with this app.
- Make sure Tablet settings are set to [Allow install of Unknown apps]
- and Set Display to stay on for maximum, up to 30 minutes of inactivity
To Install: Open this website page with browser of kitchen Android Tablet
- Click on either [Download2] or [Download1] , Install & Open.
Next, to connect Fast Food Orders Tablet display to your Clover merchant account.
- see below that 'Connect QR' is an easy way to link to orders
- othet way is to enter your Clover admin user name & password.
'Fast Food Order Display' App is designed for quick service Take-away Cafe Restaurants & Coffee shops.
- The 'Fast Food Orders' app will display all line items from each orders together.
However, if you need to filter-separate order line items by different kitchen preparation areas,
we have another app (Restaurant Live Orders Display): https://retailcp.ie/liverestaurant
One monthly fee includes all 'Order Display' Tablets at each merchants account.
- Can install display app on as many Tablets as you wish.
The Tablet displays replace the need for Kitchen printers & save ongoing cost of ticket printer ribbons & paper rolls.
- Fast Food Orders display App should also save staff time compared to handling many paper tickets.
There are two versions of display app above to download & install & open on Android Tablet:
Merchants can choose either APK2 [use Download2] or APK1 [use Download1] .
As of 13th February 2020, APK2 works on Tablets with Android O.S. 10 (ten).
As of 15th December 2019, APK1 works on Tablets with Android O.S. 9.0 (nine).
- (Android OS 9.0 is supplied on all new Tablets since summer 2019)
- (Both apps work on Tablets with O.S. 4 to O.S. 9)
- (Android OS 9.0 is supplied on all new Tablets since December 2019)
APK-2 version works faster than APK-1:
We recommend APK-2 for Fast Food outlets which have really busy lunchtime rush.
- APK-2 works faster because it does not show Order Types [Dine-In, Take-away, Delivery].
- APK2 does not have 'Qty' feature: Three Coffees will display as 'Coffee' on three separate lines on display.
Below is an APK2 view:
Below is APK1 View:
The APK1 (Apk version '1') is also good for fast-food restaurants, & has extra features:
- APK1 shows Order Types [Dine-In, Take-away, Delivery, etc]
- APK1 has Qty sort feature: Shows (3) Coffee on same line, for three coffees.
- See below, displays Qty (3) for Three 'Ham & Cheese Panini' on one line of display:
- APK1 takes a little more time to action [Done] button to do above extra work
- (Means APK2 works a little faster)
See user notes FAQs, top right click on [ ? ] above words 'Support & FAQ'.
- There we explain how to download, install APK (application program) onto Android Tablet,
- & how to connect display to your Clover merchant account.
Any questions. Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you include your phone number, we will call you 'early AM USA-Canada. We are based in Ireland.
Which Tablet manufacturer type ?
We recommend the Samsung Tab-A 10-inch Android Tablet to display orders in kitchen & collection area.
If you also need kitchen staff or customers to see Orders on a large wall-mounted TV screen,
In addition to buying the Samsung Tab-A 10-inch Android Tablet,
To copy-or-show the 10-inch Tablet order information on a large wall-mounted TV,
You also purchase a Samsung HD Smart TV any size, from 20 inches to 60-inches etc.
Use Samsung 'Smart Connect' free s-w to connect Samsung Android Tablet to Samsung large smart TV.
- Kitchen staff press 'DONE' button on Tablet: -> Order moves off the 'Open' view on Tablet & on TV.
- Whatever order details are on kitchen display 10.1-inch Tablet, same details will show on large TV screen.
Some Clover merchants report good results with ELO Android Tablets:
- (must be Android versions). ELO which have screen sizes larger than 10-inch
For Food Trucks, we suggest you buy an Android Tablet with SIM card, for Internet access.
- Or, please try our (Restaurant Live Orders Display): https://retailcp.ie/liverestaurant
- because that app can display Clover orders without Internet access.
Notes on how to get started with Fast Food app:
Install APK-2 or APK-1 onto Android display Tablet from above download buttons.
Easiest way to connect Tablet with your Clover account Orders, is the QR Connect (using QR Barcode)
- See FAQ No 8 on 'Two ways to 'Connect' kitchen display to your Clover account'.
- See below, note 5-3 To 'Sign-in' Tablet first time, by scanning QR Barcode.
Below is an APK2 view :
When display app has 'connected' with your Clover account,
and if no orders have yet been entered today on Clover station device, then of course display shows a blank screen:
When new Clover OPEN orders have been entered, you should see orders as below under 'OPEN' view:
- Standard Modifiers show in Red Font with a '+' symbol:
- "+ Extra Cheese"
- "+ 1 shot Espresso"
- 'Order title' shows ( G ) or ( Tony ) or ( Gina & Tom ) or ( Ann ):
- See FAQ no 4, on how to enter Manual Order no as Text, instead of number 1-99.
Below is an APK2 view:
The  orders which were marked [DONE] on 'Open' view, now display under 'Completed' view:
Below is an APK2 view:
Below tap anywhere on 'Completed' order to get a pop-up enlarged view.
- When order is delivered to customer, select 'Delivered' button to move order from 'Completed' view.
Below is an APK2 view:
Another 'Completed' order is marked 'Delivered':
Front counter staff in 'Collection' area can toggle between 'Open' & 'Completed' views:
- 'Open' to see which orders are in line & next to be worked on by kitchen
- 'Completed' to know which orders are ready in collection area
(Both APK2 & APK1 versions have a [Done] button on top line to mark all lines of that order as 'Completed'.)
Differences between APK2 & APK1:
APK1: Does extra filtering, which takes extra processing time compared to APK2 which works faster:
APK1 has a 'Done' action button on each line item,
- in addition to [DONE] button to mark all order lines as 'Completed'.
APK-1 displays added details, including:
- Order types (Dine-in, Take-away),
- Quantities (3) of same items on one line.
- Separate action [Done] button per line item.
Below is APK1 View:
For APK1, to show Order types, Dine-In or Sit-In, Take-Away, Delivery on top of order items,
- see FAQ no 14: Clover Set-up, create Order types.
To decide which is best for your store, APK-2 or APK-1, you are welcome to a 30-day free trial.
Application settings: Select 3-dots top right on Tablet app view:
Below default setting is (B), to show all 'OPEN' orders whether paid or not:
See above 'Refresh Rate is set to [ 15 Seconds ].
- You can change that with drop-down arrow-button.
See above Order Time Limit is set to 5-minutes.
- You can change that.
- This '5-minutes' is used by app to set alert [Due Now] if an order is not yet [DONE] = Completed with 5-mins.
The default setting will be (O) All 'Open-Saved' & 'Paid' Orders:
- Display will show 'open' line items as they are entered in Clover
If you want your kitchen to only work on orders that are paid for,
Choose (O) Only Display 'Paid' Orders,
Default display app settings: Oldest Orders to display are "2-hours" old:
See above & below screen pictures:
APK-2 has one alert button to switch On or OFF: [ 'Due Now' alert]
Below use arrow to select & set a different 'Olders Orders age':
- Many 'fast food' merchants set '45 minutes' as oldest any order will be before it's prepared & 'DONE'
Below see APK-1 has  Alert buttons, which you can switch ON or OFF:
- New Order
- Due Now
- Sort Items by Quantity
For detailed user notes, please download PDF above. Install notes on pages 3-to-5.
Meanwhile below are most of the install notes you will need:
Step 1-A. On any PC browser device, download PDF file for installation & user notes. Top right.
Step 1-B. To start a 30-day FREE trial, using any PC browser device, open your Clover account App Market.
Search for 'Fast Food Orders Display' App. Select 'Accept & Install'.
When you select 'Launch', your browser screen opens on a support page,
which includes your unique Barcode (Account App Activation code).
See below Point 5.3 , you will need this QR Barcode to install the APK onto each Android tablet.
Step 1-C. Install 'Fast Food Orders Web-App' on each kitchen Android display Tablet.
We recommend using 'Firefox' Internet browser.
Use each Android Tablet to open URL https:/retailcp.ie/display & select 'APK download2' above.
How to Sign-in each kitchen display Tablet, to access your Clover orders.
We recommended the option to sign-in using 'Connect with QR-barcode'.
See below, points 5, 5-1, 5-2 & 5-3.
Alternative is to sign-in with Clover-owner email & password. See 5-4 below.
To install either APK program onto kitchen Android tablets.
3-1 Can install App on as many Android kitchen screens as you wish, per Clover merchant account.
One monthly fee per merchant account covers all display Tablets at that restaurant-kitchen.
Display App does not work on I-Pad, or Apple MAC.
Only works on Android Tablets.
3-2 Security settings to make sure Android screen or Tablet will allow APK download.
On the 'Security Settings' of each Android Tablet, must enable the "allow apps from unsecure source" setting.
4. Remove-uninstall older version from display-Tablet before you download latest "Fast Food Orders Display" Apk
Use Tablet hardware 'Settings' -> 'Apps', -> ' Fast Food Orders' -> 'Uninstall', to remove existing APK install.
If APK install does not open first time, go to Tablet 'Files', & 'Downloads',
select most recent 'Fast Foods Orders APK' file by download date-time, & 'Install' & 'Open'.
5. Two choices to Sign-in new Android kitchen Tablet:
'Connect with QR Barcode' works for any Android Tablet, which has a back-camera as 'Scanner'.
Get QR Code from your Clover account, via App Market, Fast Food Orders Display [Launch or Open]
- on a Laptop or any web-browser device.
Allow kitchen Tablet to scan the QR barcode (which is viewing on other Web-browser device).
alternative way to connect:
[Connect] see step 5.4 below, will ask for Clover owner email & password.
This method is unlikely to suit most merchants to reveal password access to all staff !
That is why we recommend QR-Connect method.
5-1 Open Clover merchant online account using any browser device, PC, Laptop or a 2nd Tablet.
Can use Clover station as a Web-browser device, by downloading FREE 'Clover Browser' from App Market.
On App Market, using Web-browser, open "Installed Apps", select 'Fast Food Orders Display' & select [Launch].
Browser screen opens to our support page & displays a QR (barcode) Activation code.
(This QR barcode screen view is needed to Sign-in kitchen display-Tablet, Steps 5-2 & 5-3 below )
5-2 Using the kitchen Android display Tablet, download APK file:
(APK is an application program which runs display App on Androif Tablet)
Using a 'Firefox' browser on kitchen Android Tablet, open URL https://retailcp.ie/display,
Click [Yes] when screen asks permission.
Select ‘Install’ & ‘Open’, & follow notes below, Step 5-3 ( Sign-In).
5-3 To 'Sign-in' Tablet first time, by scanning QR Barcode.
When you select [ Connect with QR ] button, the Tablet scanner (Camera) automatically opens.
Each Clover account [Launch] will generate it's own unique [App Activation barcode].
Example below is for RetailCP's own test account & will be of no use for our customers.
Point Tablet back camera-scanner at the QR Barcode on screen of other browser device in 5-1 above.
Within seconds of scanning the QR (barcode) activation code,
he kitchen-display Tablet will confirm 'Congratulations. You are Connected'.
See 5-5 below, then note 6. Settings, before you can view your Clover orders.
5-4 Alternative method to 'Connect' first time is to 'Log in' using Clover account email & password
This option [Connect] will only work on some Android Tablets. ( Sure way to 'Connect' is 5-1, 5-2 & 5-3 above.)
If when you select [Connect] & your Tablet succesfully opens URL to Clover authentication URL,
where your screen view as below, then Sign-in with Clover owner 'user' & 'password' credentials.
When correct email & password credentials are verified by Clover,
Tablet will 'Connect' to your Clover station order details. See 5-5.
5-5. Tablet is Connected.
Select (OK). See notes above on Display Settings options.
Please email your questions to email@example.com ,
If you need us to phone you, please include your tel no & city-time zone.